Monel K500 is a precipitation-hardenable nickel-copper alloy that combines the excellent corrosion resistance characteristic of Monel 400 with the added advantage of greater strength and hardness. K-500 Alloy has similar properties to Monel 400 Alloy, but has the added feature of Age Hardening to achieve a higher strength and hardness, This is due to the addition of aluminium and titanium. K-500 Alloys strength is maintained to temperatures as high as 1200 F, yet stays tough and ductile to temperatures down to -423 F. Along with staying non-magnetic down to -210 F. A common specification for this is QQ N 286.
In what applications is Monel K-500 used?
- Sour-gas service applications
- Oil and gas production safety lifts and valves
- Oil-well tools and instruments like drill collars
- Oil well industry
- Doctor blades and scrapers
- Chains, cables, springs, valve trim, fasteners for marine service
- Pump shafts and impellers in marine service